With all of the recent rains and flooding conditions, I thought I would once again stand on my pulpit and remind everyone of the dangers of water, both swiftwater and flood waters.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE THROUGH WATER WHICH IS MOVING AND STILL WATER WHERE YOU CANNOT COMPLETELY SEE THE BOTTOM OF THE ROAD. PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN (OR YOURSELF FOR THAT MATTER) TO PLAY IN RAIN SWOLLEN CREEKS, STREAMS AND RIVERS. AND NEVER, NEVER ATTEMPT TO CROSS OR ENTER WATER NEAR A LOW HEAD DAM - YOU WILL MOST LIKEY DIE.

I just spent 5 hours last night running rescue calls for vehicles attempting to cross moving or standing water and had to recover the bodies of three young adults because they failed to heed all of the warnings. I spent 4 hours today on a recovery/search for two additional youths believed to have drowned, as they were believed to have been playing near a low head dam. We are still searching for their bodies.

Sorry if I am ranting, but I only got 2 hours of sleep last night and are having to imagine the thoughts and impacts to the families and friends of tragic loss of these 5 individuals. All of which were preventable.

Pete