I'm known as Pizzaman, because I deliver. I'm always ready to lend a hand and get the job done.

When it comes to the hapless, I have finally decided that I am doing them a disservice by helping them. Years ago I quit providing jump-starts to people without jumper cables. I always carry them and so should anyone with a car. If someone asks for a jump, I ask if they have cables. No cables, no jump. I will make exceptions depending on the environment if there are small children in the car or the driver is elderly (I'm not a total rat bastard). Bottom line, I want them to be inconvenienced and learn a lesson. If I dig out my cables and do all the work these folks will continue to be lazy and unprepared.

Ors, I applaud your sense of wanting to help, but this circumstance was not worth your life. PERIOD! This goes double if you have children that expect a living dad to return home that day. Call the cops, report the break down and keep moving. Don't even stop.

I have stopped and helped out at numerous accident scenes over the years. I will still help out if there is an accident and my presence can help. But for break downs and other pickles, I don't get involved anymore. Particularly if it is on a busy hwy or freeway. Just too easy to get your carcass run over by the next inattentive fool flying down the road. Sorry, my kids still need me.

I even get sick of people constantly asking me for the time. This is especially common at large public events or amusement parks. I look like a nice guy and I always wear a watch. I've started carrying my watch in my pocket just to keep from being bothered. If it is important to know the time, then you should have a watch. If I am the watch carrier for these "timeless" folks, I am doing them a thoughtless dis-favor.

I think wanting to help and providing assistance and charity are noble ideals. But like all good things in life they should be used in moderation, lest you foster dependency and sloth.

OK, I gotta ask....Did you get any good pics of this chick with your PSK cam? She's gotta be hot!

TR