The particular model I use is the trace c-40, which is of course a 40 amp unit. It took a direct lightning hit (along with everything else in my camper) and did not fail. YMMV.

Don't have a link, but google trace. They have the manual online.

I use a Radio Shack digital meter with RS-232 to monitor its operation and it has stayed just as I have set it for many years now. Forgot when I bought it, probably 9 years ago.

For the AGMS's I use it in 3 stage mode. Bulk charge at up to 14.4v, then about an hour at 14.1, then drop to a float of 13.1-13.3. It just sits there and does what it is supposed to. Oh, I use their thermal monitor mounted to the side of one of the batteries. I have 4, 105ah Lifeline AGM's in the camper.

Just bought a Kipor 2000w generator ($545 delivered). It is a honda clone 59db, What with the satellite internet system, ham radios and all, the solar is having a hard time keeping up when all the toys are running.

Eventually I hope to have the camper set-up so it can support something like a kitchen or similar with VOIP, Internet and ham radio. Because the internet will be outside of the Red Cross firewall, it will be available for regular e-mail. As you know, the ECRV internet is not for personal use.

Ron