Well, I'm certainly very interested in the subject!

Dedicated deep cycle batteries are customarily recharged differently from line power than automotive types, no question about it. I have been unable to find any information about special alternator-based charging systems that differentiate charging rates for deep cycle vs automotive batteries connected to the same alternator. There are dual-output alternators, but if I understand their purpose, it's more to function as an isolator than to control charging rates. I'm not sure what you meant about different circuits - I use battery isolators - is that what you mean?

All the info I've been able to locate so far goes back to the same system I use - a battery isolator. I have not yet found any alternator-supplied deep cycle chargers - can you point me to some information, please? I'm not interested in 120v AC chargers; I understand those. I am aware of (and somewtimes use) 12vdc logic controlled rechargers for NiCad hobby battery packs and there is at least one available for cordless tools (I have not used). But I haven't seen any such thing for LA batteries as would be used in an RV. Actually, I'm kind of skeptical that there is such a thing, but I'd be happy to wrong about that!

In a "typical" RV running off battery power (and there may be more than one deep cycle battery in some RVs), the recharging demands for the deep cycle battery vastly exceeds the recharging demands for the "starter" or automotive battery. Eh, I've got to dash off for now - will pick this back up tonight.

Please, if you have some specific links to the gadgets, I'm very interested in learning more. Again, not interested in 120v AC chargers - plain old alternator based chargers.

Regards,

Tom