www.crkt.com I don't know which K.I.S.S. you saw, but here is everything they currently offer. They make an excellent product. There are two caveats. First, it is a skeleton type knife. Will you be faced with cold conditions that may make freezing to your hand possible? Second the neck carry utilises paracord. This is dangerous if you become tangled in anything. The static and dynamic strength of paracord extends to vertebrae. Do not overlook the excellent Grohman/ Russell Bird and Trout knife. This is a small package and will keep those Loony's in Canada ;O) Im fond of the various Scandinavian knives, but they aren't neccessarily the best choice. I know the Canadian wilderness instructor Mors Kochanski uses simple Moras. They are sharp, cheap and work well as neck knives or on a belt. Some models are available with guards. I buy from www.ragweedforge.com All of the above knives fall well under100 CD. The neck carry is a very old and convenient method, favored by Inuit and Voyageurs, but disliked by Louis Riel in the final stretch.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (05/12/02 01:44 AM)