No, they were quite clear on the report that health officials were concerned because several cases appeared to have contracted a flu virus that was testing positive for h5n1 despite not having been anywhere near any birds or other people who handle birds, either sick or healthy. I've been searching on various parameters for a couple of days and I couldn't find the article. But now I have found several related after digging (and guessing on search parameters) and this was in Jakarta.

Indonesia hasn't been forthcoming with details on their problem, has been unwilling to kill off birds and seems to be looking for financial help to deal with it, so I'm not sure how valid this was in retrospect. I think I've convinced myself that someone pushed the panic button and a story leaked or was leaked on purpose and that's why it hasn't been picked up since. It also seems that poultry and people live in close proximity there, so even folks who don't handle birds may be near them and not realize it. I'm chalking this one up to unconfirmed, but I'm still getting prepared. I know a bit about pathogens, and a worldwide pandemic is far overdue - especially with our jetsetting lifestyles.