Chris,<br>Thanks, I have seen the website but none of the shows. I guess I did not know any of it was for sale. I will try to order the accident scene you describe very soon. It sounds very informative. <br><br>Ah, I guess I was hoping my specific aircraft type would not come up. It's the standard low-performance, underpowered, unmodified (except aux. fuel tank) 32-year-old C-172. I've got lots of hours flying over the Canadian bush (but make no claim to being a bush pilot) and have flown it twice to the arctic. The forum will likely think I'd be nuts to try to fly it to Greenland but the over water segment across the Davis Strait is the only part that seriously concerns me. The Canadian tundra is familiar to me and I've skied across the Greenland ice cap so I can deal with that situation. So far, making that flight is still a fantasy but I am getting the equipment in order so it may happen. Lest this dialog turn into recommendations of specific aircraft best suited for arctic flight, let me say that I fly what I own and I guess I'll always be just a Skyhawk driver. But, like everyone else I do enjoy talking about 'planes!<br><br>You metioned previously that you would insist that your Beaver be painted orange. I have been seriously considering painting the top surface of my 'plane blaze orange and embed reflective particles on selected surfaces.<br><br>I like your description of the Super Cub. Thankfully, they are so overpowered you can't overload them. And they fly slow enough to go backward in a stiff headwind. Most of my experience in AK has been in C-185 or C-206. They haul more of my heavy expedition stuff.<br><br>Dan