Hello,
Here are the contents of one of my survival kits that is an amalgam of the BCB Military and Ritter PSP kits and other odd bitts http://tinypic.com/ehzm1v.jpg. Its contents are based on the 10 ESSENTIALS and my experience from many years of backpacking. While many folks pack their kits with purpose made survival items I try to select everyday, but compact, backpacking items that I’d normally use while backpacking or day hiking. It contains the following from left to right clockwise (see photo); BCB tin, flint sparker, tinder, whistle, (4) safety pins, fishing kit, needle, heliograph, thread/fishing line, brass wire, Leatherman Micra, button compass, LED flashlight, small plaster, (2) aspirin, antibiotic ointment, (2) large plasters, scalpel, (2) breast milk/water bags, and (6) Katadyn water purification tablets. There was a bit of extra space left over, and I have since added the gum and coffee ration from an American Meal Rejected by an Ethiopian (MRE). Also, I may upgrade the button compass to a SUUNTO Mini compass. While I do not have the funds at this time to buy a kitchen vacuum packer, I plan on getting one to reseal the tin with a vacuum seal. However, I'll experiment first to see if any of the above contents have a negative reation to being vacuum packed.