Quote:
From what I read, if it's an emergency, no problem. This goes for all radio services. You can run into trouble if after you've been recognized and someone has taken your information, if you keep transmitting and interfering.

As for your scenario, I could not find an adequate notion of where the maritime service is located. It may be in another part of the FCC code. Martime Radio Service is defined in Part 80. There is no clear description of what "land" is. I expected something like "mean high tide" or something. I looked at this, for curiosity sake for myself, over 30 minutes.

Bear in mind that while in an "emergency", any means of contact is OK, the definition of "emergency" may not be what you think it is. The standard is usually "imminent danger to life", or similar. Being stuck in your attic in the middle of standing water does not necessarily meet this criterium. Think of it this way, if the situation would not justify sending "SOS" or "Mayday", it probably doesn't really qualify as an "emergency", per se, for these purposes.