Not so daft. I've done similar things myself. I guess that's why it's good to try these things out before we go 'live' with them!<br><br>On a similar note (though less emergency related) it is possible to get 'turned round' even in a familiar setting because something has changed that you've never noticed before.<br><br>My girlfriend and I had an odd experience in the main branch of the New York Public Library. We used an elevator to get to the floor we wanted, and when we'd finished, we used it to get back to street level. On emerging from the library, we were a bit shocked to find that we'd been turned round and had come out of the side entrance on 42nd street!<br><br>It took us quite a while to figure out what had happened, but eventually we got it.<br><br>In the library, they use these Tensa-Barrier things to create temporary partitions. Now that day, when we'd got into the elevator, the barrier had been on the far side of the elevators (i.e. away from the main entrance), so if they'd left it there when we came down, we'd naturally have come out the way we went in. But instead, while we were moseying around upstairs, they moved the barrier to the side nearest the main entrance. When we came back down, we turned the wrong way; we must've subconsciously just avoided the barrier, with the result that we ended up coming out the 'wrong' exit.<br><br>Very odd experience indeed! And very silly. :-)