I am not sure that there is anyone out there that could possibly be as stupid as I am, so this post may be unnecessary. I actually considered skipping this post, or thought I should at least change my nickname before making it, but it may be useful, so just in case, I will put aside any notions of pride.<br><br>My Wife and I just returned from a Holiday in London. Since I tend to lose my direction much more easily in a big city than in the woods, I added a small compass (that includes a whistle, thermometer and magnifying glass) to my pocket carry. I put it on a ring with my micro-light and a small Gerber lockblade knife. <br><br> One morning we took a walk to Kensington Palace. We got turned around and, since I had left the map in the hotel (no need to have it for this short walk) and it was too foggy to use the Sun as a reference, I whipped out the pocket compass to head north toward the palace. My wife, who has an excellent sense of direction was surprised at my choice for north. She was pretty sure it was directly south. <br>I expressed to her how lucky it was, then, that I had included the small compass in my carry.<br><br>We walked about 10 blocks and seemed to be getting nowhere. I took out the compass again, and was shocked to discover that my choice for North had become almost due West! <br><br>You are WAY ahead on me on this.....right? I realized that my compass was not showing me the direction of North, it was showing me the direction of my Gerber knife! I cringed and audibly groaned and desperately tried to figure out a way to explain this to my wife without admitting my idiocy. Since I decided that she probably would not believe that they had moved Kensington, I decided that honesty was the best policy and we had a good laugh and a long walk. However, this could have been a life-threatening mistake in the wilderness, so PLEASE remember to take the compass off of your keychain, or out of your pocket tin before you rely on it for a bearing. It also would not be a bad idea to ALWAYS carry your map.<br><br><br>Robb <br>