This thread relly got me to thinking about my daughter. So I paid a visit to the school, and it was very productive. I found that they are onbe of the few schools with FEMA approved shelter in place. The gym which is large enough to handle all of the kids, is self contained, reinforced construction, and isolated communication. I enquired about offsite evacuations, and found out where those would be. During the course of this discussion with the principle she said let me get one of the parent handbooks. Come to find out noe of this info is in there. She then comments that it will be changed by next year, and for now they will incorporate the info into the next school newsletter. She seemed very pleased that someone would actually be this involved with the safety of their children, and the proceedures at the school.

I was glad to find a person who would recognize there was a problem in the lack of communications, and would take steps to remedy it, instead of finding a USD beaurocrat that thought I was a paranoid schizaphrenia for asking these questions.