I used to clip my keys etc. to my belt loop, but have stopped doing that.

1. Afraid of loosing my keys, one of the guys I worked with several years ago lose his.

It was not a pretty sight, we were on service trucks, he did not have any spare keys for his service truck, his personal vehicle which was back at the shop or his house and other stuff.

His only salvation was that I was alson on the same service call in a different truck. We finally got his truck picked up several hours later and I drove him home. Boss wasn't happy with him, his wife ditto and he swore off belt loop clips for keys.

2. It is also extremely EASY for someone to remove the keys from your belt loop without your even realizing it. I did not believe just how easy until I watched someone take keys AND a wallet from someone while talking to him (face to face) with another person. (The person doing it was honest and only doing it to make a point, there were several others "standing around" that had been clued in before hand) and were interested in seeing if it was really "that easy to do".

Everything was returned to the "victim" immediately...but only AFTER the victim was asked to open his car (he was much chagrined to find his keys missing).

The follow-up question came as another shock to him when we asked him how much he thought it would cost to replace his keys and he unconciously reached for his wallet which was missing.

The lesson was concluded and we all parted as frineds still.

These two events made me think deeply and I subsequently made several changes in the way I carry stuff.

Regards,
Comanche7