While I am more equipped and have spent considerable time and effort planning for the major events, small changes have crept into my daily life.<br><br>Last year after the earthquake several coworkers evacuated our building without coats, purses, keys, check books, ATM cards, credit cards, phone numbers, phones etc. Many people left their coats in their car in the attached parking garage. Fortunately it was a fairly nice day (no rain) so people we not getting wet, but lack of a coat, and no access to the car could have been a much more significant problem. Lots of people had no money, no keys, and no ID. We were unable to claim our cars or enter the building to pick up personal belongings for several days after the earthquake. My workplace actually set up emergency fund dispersion for people who could not pay their rent, buy food etc without their credit cards, checkbooks etc.<br><br>I carry the basics everwhere in the building. My vest and pockets contain everything I would need if I had to immediately leave the building. If I am at my workstation, then I would evacuate with my coat, hat, and daily bag in addtion. <br><br>I always have a list of bus routes, quarters and Gold Dollars for fare, enough cash for at least one day on the street, shelter (tube tent) and paracord, wool hat, wool gloves and leather gloves, various tools and other stuff.<br><br>Planning for large events, and having contingencies for the daily aspects of our lives is what I consider the Urban PSK to consist of. While the UPSK can consist of an assortment of items, I think it primarily consists of preplanning, evaluation of various risks, and communication with your family what you intend to do and what you expect them to do in an emergency situation.<br><br>The worst thing I experienced immediately after the earthquake was not knowing if my wife was OK and not knowing where she would go if her worksite was severely damaged. We now have several communication alternatives, preplanned meeting sites, and preplanned responses if we are unable to communicate directly.<br><br>Randy