>>*pictures putting a big pink bottle into a small silver tin* You're right, getting that to fit would involve a violation of the laws of physics. smile <<<br><br>Oh, dear. Not only have I offended, but now we’re talking physical violation. :-)<br><br>>>As for the compass, it was mentioned as a comparasion. I actually don't bother with a button compass in my PSK, or in my UPSK when I put it together. <<<br><br>You surprise me there. Have you not gotten disoriented in the city? I have a small compass on a zipper pull of my shoulder bag, and I have often consulted it when getting off the subway at an unfamiliar station, sometimes just to choose the exit. A map is not much good if you don't know which way you're facing.<br><br>Some cities, of course, are laid out in grids, and I can see an argument for not needing a compass there- though checking a compass can still be faster than walking a half block to check road signs. Some cities, after the Old World fashion, “just grew”, and the organic qualities of road directions can be very confusing… and the worst, of course, are those that were “planned”, from the warlike dreams of Pierre L’Enfant to the post-modernist city planners trying to let several thousand people per square mile live in relative isolation. I use a digital compass in my vehicle as well.<br><br>Then there’s the fact that cab drivers in some areas like to take tourists on involuntary trips around the city to separate them from cash- a compass is one of the easier ways to detect that, in a strange city.<br><br>>>I haven't thought about seeing if I could get a pair of lenses fitted into a set of folding frames, that might be an idea, but since my UPSK is a supplimental, I try to stick to a containers like a mini-Altoids tin. <<<br><br>I don’t wear them for distance, just reading, so the drug-store variety do nicely for me. I decided that if it wasn’t in the container, I’d have to carry another spare pair elsewhere anyway, and it was much more likely to be missing when I really needed it.<br>