Well, I'm not sure that I'd consider any item that I listed there as a convience item. I'm very curious to find out which ones you would consider to be such. There are/were those here who considered matches a convience item.<br><br>In explination, not knowing which items you are speaking of, and in the order I mentioned them:<br><br>-Bus/subway tokens and map: If I have my own vehicle, I probaly won't know where most of the stops for mass transit are, except for those I might use when driving is a hassle. Being suddenly without vehicle can be a real emergency, or just a major pain, just like a busted compass. (Most of us can find north without a compass, but most of us pack one in our PSKs.)<br>-phone money and numbers: A signalling device, to put it bluntly. The number list is no different than having a frequency list if you have a two-way in a plane or on a boat<br>-Spare keys, for the obvious. Yes, you can get a locksmith, just like you can make a fishline from fine roots, and hook from thorns.<br>-Cash. For a UPSK, I do and will argue that cash is the equivelent of fire starters in a PSK.<br>-The meds are as much a luxury here as they are in any survival kit. I admit that. Most of the time. A bad belly or an allergic reaction can screw you as badly as a busted foot. Not leathal, but enough to put you in worse situations that you already are.<br>-Glasses screws. Without my glasses, I can't find my feet without feeling for them, so this is a critical item for me.<br>-band-aids: the crud in the woods is cleaner, in my opinion.<br>-gloves: ditto. Humans are an infectious substance, plain and simple. <br>-mirror & swab: here, you have the room, so I use it for these. Eye contamination and injury resulting from the contaminate were one of the most common problems at either of the Trade Center attacks, Oklahoma City, the Kobar Towers, and various and sundry building collapses and fires not started by wackos.<br>-Phrase list: another signalling device. It's like lighting three fires- one is just a fire. Someone speaking in a languageyou can't understand is just someone you can't understand. They could be wishing you good luck on this holiest of days, or telling you your backpack is on fire. :)<br>-Debit/ATM card: again, cash. This is a second form of it.<br>-ID: If there is ever a massive, multitarget attack in America, odds are that anyone who gets routed into a "refugee center" or whatever they call it will need to be able to show ID to leave. And if there is a curfew, it will be doubly important to be able to show a real ID that says you are you who you say you are, and yes, you really do live just down the block. If you can do that, the gentlemen with automatic weapons might let you go, rather than arresting you.<br><br>All emergencies can become life or death. We carry and build our kits to keep them from becoming so. Use it right, and keep your head, and a forced march through the 9 pits of hell just seem like a minor inconvience. :)<br><br>