Urban needs.<br><br>My preparations center around 3 main areas of concern (in order).<br><br>Earthquake or other natural disaster like Volcanic eruption, glacial melt, tsunami.<br>Terror<br>Civil Unrest<br><br>I live in Seattle. In the last 18 months We had a 6.8 deep Earthquake, WTO riots, MardiGras street violence resulting in one death, and recent Bomb threats against my worksite.<br><br>My planning centers around my responses to these primary needs. Here is my list of needs as I see them:<br><br>PrePlanning for earthquake awareness at home and work.<br>Evacuation routes and plans.<br>Basic medical attention for myself and others.<br>Shelter after building evacuation.<br>Communication with my wife.<br>Communication with my neighbors and contact persons.<br>Transportation options to my wife and then home, including known alternative bus and car routes to avoid problems with bridges, riots etc.<br><br>Once these are under control, I turn to making my immediate environment hospitable and safe for the duration of the need. This includes securing longer term shelter, water, fire if appropriate, etc.<br><br>My PSK (the actual pocket box) is similar to Doug's etc., but my Urban PSK concept includes the clothing and shoes I select EVERY day. The coat I have at my desk EVERY day even if it is nice out. The On-Body "Don't Leave Home Without" stuff in my vest. The leather gloves tucked in my belt beside the Leatherman and SureFire. The ID badge around my neck with a Fox 40 beside it. The Daily Carry Bag which includes communication options (Ham radio, Shortwave radio, batteries), and Shelter (Basha sheet, paracord, poncho, rainshell, firemaking tools and water purification options including a cook pot and 750mL of water). My under-my-desk items including a 3' prybar, hardhat, and water.<br><br>My evaluation of risk changed after Sept 11, but the basics of my thought processes to respond to an Urban emergency did not have to undergo major changes. Study of this site has been very helpful in planning and preparing with basic supplies that will make responding to an Urban or Wilderness emergency much easier.<br><br>Randy<br>