The story referenced in the original post pegged my "BS-O-Meter". The "author" and his "reliable numbers" from 41,000 to 410,000 fatalities sound a lot like "Minister" Farakhan's "witness" who "saw a 25 foot crater beneth the breach in the levee".

It sucked that NO's and LA's plans were bad, it sucked worse that mayor "Run-Away" Ray Nagin, Gov. "Blank Stare" Blanco and her EMA head are incompetent and didn't even follow the plans they DID have, but it sucks the worst that so many people chose to do nothing. Almost everybody who went to the Superdome wanted to go there. Fully one-half on those drove their own cars. They could have self-evacuated but chose not to. Not surprisingly, many who did evacuate, even though they had time to prepare, left with little more than the clothes on their backs. (Sound familiar?)

I live in the Jackson Mississippi metro area, 200 miles north of the gulf. By Saturday, 27 August, I had filled my vehicle with gas, purchased batteries, food, water and ice and got my nearby family to do the same.

Hey Duh, people!!!

/ end rant

Jim