Here in Brazil we get to put up with what they call the "blitz". These are random car stops and searches. They basically set up a roadblock manned by smg armed police and stop whatever car they feel like. The then check your documents, glove compartment, trunk, pockets, bags, whatever they feel like searching. They are also searching for anything and everything that they may have reason to take an intrest in.

On the street we are subject to random stop and searches, anyone walking downtown may be stopped and frisked at any moment.

I would hate to see the US turn into a police state like the one I live under.

What's going to happen when a person on the NY subway is stopped and searched and they turn up a little baggie of pot? Will that be admissible evidence? We stopped student "X" to search for explosives but turned up a bag of weed.

I don't support the smoking of weed but don't think this isn't going to play out before the month is up. How about the kid who turns to run because he has a bag of weed and the police shoot him for trying to blow up a subway car?

I'm sorry. I don't like where this is headed. If they really want to filter out bombers they would use dogs to sniff around looking for explosives. I would say anyone who was a "hit" with the dog should be subject to search. That also removes the racial profiling from the issue, the dog says search and you get searched. Mac