My BOB is a trusty old LL Bean Continental Rucksack, in grey. All of the accessory pouches below are black.

It has a large, panel type pouch attached by the straps that adjust the storm flap. (If I had more money, I'd go with a new one and just run the straps through MOLLE webbing.)

A sleeping bag is attached to the top of that by cinch straps in it's compression sack (different bags for different times of the year). A 6x8' blue tarp and my poncho are also there, so they can be grabbed quickly.

Velcro wraps are in the tie downs above the side pockets. Those are empty and ready to recieve a pair of 1 liter water bottles. I keep a filled, 2L military square canteen inside.

A SpecOps single pouch Super Sheath is strapped around the right shoulder strap to carry a light, which would be added there at the last minitue. The other shoulderstrap has a smallish (4x6x2") pouch attached similiarly.

There is a pair of black dyed, military surplus 2-liter canteen pouches slipped onto the waist belt for additional storage.

It doesn't look super-military, IMHO, but I've found this pack to be built like the proverbial brick outhouse. I"ve had to rewaterproof it with a silicone seal, but for a pack I've had for 15 years, that isn't suprising. IT started off a book bag and overnighter, and it has since grown with me.

The bag I used to use was a large ALICE pack, and I'm always debating going back becuase it is better suited for winter use IMHO. To keep it from looking military (the least of my worries) and to improve it's visability and water proofing, I modified a red vinyl tire cover that was meant for a jeep, and I picked up at a yard sale.