rgr that! You get in to kimshee and call, you pay even if found dead! It has come to pass that a phone call rescue for some situations cause too much risk for rescue works, and intterupt the families of the works. We are voulunteers and not paid, but the service does in fact charge. The services for some groups bring all kinds of equipment extra too, stuff that is not likely to be needed...... so I would do my best to get any rescue needs sorted out before going on a adventure.<br><br>Certain needs such as a first heart attack are looked on as a true accident, but you still pay. Other incidents like having no meds and it is the 5th heart attack cause the rescue party to become sort of jaded. Other things like passing the "Don't pass this sign due to avalanch conditions." will get you mocked out in person if your still sucking air when found.<br><br>requesting a helicopter is really not a good idea in the Whites... I don't own a cell phone, and have no need of ever owning a cell phone..... I don't have the tin foil hat that you need to use a cell phone either!!! Mac