The main reason I purchased the Gerber 800 was the interchangable jig saw blade. I have used the legend for a year now and have started looking at the new leatherman Ti. I'm attracted to the Ti for it's size, weight, quality of construction over Gerber, 154cm blade, wood saw, much nicer diamond file, and the pocket clip. I don't want to give up my jig blade though.

That jig blade has gotten me out of a few situations where no other tool would do, other than a jig saw of course.

Here's the point of the post---I went to my favorite knife shop at the mall and took a good look at the Ti (homer simpson drool noise here). Would it be possible to attach a 3"-4" hacksaw blade to the Ti the same way the belt clip and lanyard are attached- on the end? One would just have to grind a little on a hack saw blade to copy the same attachment motif. Does anyone own a Ti and a hacksaw blade- could you please measure the width of the hacksaw blade to see if it is as wide as the attachment end of the lanyard or belt clip to see if this would be doable?

The cool thing about this, if it works, is that one could increase the usefullness of the tool without having to thrash the tool and void the warranty. Or, are hack saw blades manufactured if various widths other than the standard size for a hand saw.

Thanks!