You can order through the "Sandwich Shoppe" (it's a pun):

Sandwich Shoppe

Or presumably, though the forum of that name on the candlepower forums, or you can order directly from the maker, one Don McLeish, who goes by "McGizmo" and has his own forum on candlepower.

Here's the thread to actually order from him, be sure to follow the instructions in the first message:

McE2S Thread

Quote:
is it as waterproof as the Surefire itself?

Don builds a custom line of flashlights called the "Aleph" series that is more highly regarded and more expensive than the Surefires, but parts interchange with Surefire. I don't think you have to worry about quality.

On the "body" end of the switch, the cap seems to compress the o-ring identically to the original cap. On the "switch" end, the rubber capsule enclosing the switch seems identical to Surefire's, and people buy them to replace Surefire's.

The only real difference in waterproofness I can think of is that the L4 "clicky" can be tightened further than the Aleph tailcap, which turns on the threads as part of it's function- but that's the way most of the SF tailcaps work as well.

Quote:
why did you decide on the L4? The deal is looking mighty good right now... I'm trying to figure out if I want an L4, L2, or A2 (still). How long should the A2 bulb last?

I think the xenons are rated at about 20 hours MTBF. That seems short, but not many people really use them that much. The L4 LED is rated at 500-1000 hours, very short for an LED, but still- it's 25-50 bulb changes. By the time I use that, there will be two or three new generations of LEDs out.

I was impressed with how bright and small the L4 was, and since I expect to carry it for at least 3 hours a day, every working day, I wanted to keep it compact. The L2 is very bright as well, and is regulated on "low" for excellent battery life, but is more of a "spot" vs a "flood" (which can be good or bad), and is an inch longer and about an ounce heavier. The parts are also much less interchangeable for custom/modded parts- the tailswitch and head are electronically integrated.

That having been said, you get SF quality and 2-stage operation for a lot less than the L4 plus an aftermarket switch.