Reinhardt Woets:

I completely agree with you, especially with your point about learning the most necessary areas of bushcraft first, and personally I would wait until it was absolutely necessary to learn to kill. Of course, you can still learn to track and increase your own awareness of the possibilities involved with hunting.

I have been a vegetarian since I was about 8 (I was quite impressionable as I still am!) after my sister became one, but for very different reasons than for which I have stayed vegetarian; I just did not like the idea of killing. Now, I have reasons based on the way we do things in this and many other countries, the idea that supply and demand must be upheld to compete with other suppliers. This ensures that there is always waste. I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm explaining why I personally am driven towards bushcraft.

I'm not sure about ghosts, my education is very scientifically based so I can't help that, but I like the idea in general and do not discourage it for the sake of humanity, while leaving it for people who I think really believe in this, indigenous peoples most of all, for whom I have a great deal of respect.

Ian