ok heres my 2 cents for what its worth, specifically on those "protesters."

people carrying around such objects as ball bearings, sharpened wooden sticks, razor blades and such to harrass police (and horses especially) should have been treated as terrorists because thats exactly what their motivation was to inspire chaos, panic fear and terror.

theres NO logical reason to carry sharpened sticks and razor blades to a "peacefull protest".

and of course my city gets screwed again because of the protesters connections, many are filling lawsuits about being detained and some psychotic judge has fined the city about 200k for detaining those "poor people" too long.

meanwhile a few thugs are CLEARLY caught on tape violently beating and stomping on someone to beat him to death, and the current legal defense is something along the lines of "he wasnt clearly identified ad a police officer".

hmm so i guess a violent mob of people attempting to murder a citizen isnt a crime anymore then?

or maybe they thought people got free passes to stand on the police side of the barricade on those mobile scooters then?

like the man said "only in america".