"Which is why I find your notion of annihilating them all so charmingly naive. "

I never thought we'd get them all--I'm saying we need to get all we can. Looks like we've bagged quite a few so far. Let's keep up the good work.

"Interesting, then, how they all (WMD) seem to have vanished into thin air."

Now who's being naive? Maybe you think Saddam dismantled them all? I like your "thin air" theory better!

"I find it odd that most of these "scum" had no criminal records or history of violence, and yet by some amazing cosmic coincidence they all ended up in the same unit."

So what was it then, another conspiracy? I doubt it. I think it's more likely they ended up there because they were the LEAST qualified to go into combat. Maybe they were not the sharpest tools in the shed. But someone has to do the guarding. What is the alternative? Should we just let all the terrorists and Baathist thugs loose because we don't have any trained prison guards there?

This is war. Bad things happen sometimes. On a scale of one to ten the prison fiasco was about a 3. We learn from it and move on.

Regards, Vince