“If we had watched that good white American born excellent soldier Timothy McVeigh a little more closely, the atrocity he committed might have been avoided.”

The atrocity he committed was uniquely his own, unless you buy into the middle-eastern connection theory with him. I do not. At any rate, there have been no more McVeighs in the last 10 years which leads me to believe he was an aberration. Can you say the same about Al-Queda?

“Judge the act, not the heritage.”

No, judge the passport.

“Nazism is not extinct, it has just taken a different route...”

In 1941 the Nazis were the most dominant power on earth. They controlled Europe from the Atlantic all the way to the Urals. They seemed unbeatable. Now they are an afterthought. True, there are a few PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. totalitarian governments on the planet and even a few PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. ones, but name me ONE based on National PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. philosophy.

I’ve just finished an excellent book “Bodyguard of Lies” by Anthony Cave Brown. Among other things it details the extraordinary security measures that were undertaken by the (mostly British) Allied secret services prior and up to the Normandy landings. I’m sure the German nationals who were interned during those years in Britain thought their rights were violated also. Yet today there is a free Britain who did not fall into dictatorship and instead saw the defeat of the Nazis.

“Knives of 3" or less should be mandatory on all air flights the world over. The bad guys will get around security because they look for ways. The good guys end up naked except for their fists and larger numbers per flight.”

Do you mean these knives should be carried by passengers or only by the crew? If you mean passengers then I agree, except I don’t believe it should be mandatory. It would be a funny scene though: the TSA refusing an elderly lady the chance to board her flight because she left her knife at home!
Regards, Vince