I also had health issues and Covid added more to the pressure

Generally speaking, there were no shortage (other than face masks). I had face masks and sanitizer among my preps.

During lockdown phase, we were dead worried (especially the wife) about our married daughter who was pregnant at the time. We couldn't reach her or help her and didn't know how safe hospitals were during the pandemic.

Lockdown was lifted, she gave birth, and she came to stay with us for a month. During that period we had our own concerns. One daughter just had childbirth, and has a hyperactive son who doesn't sit for a second (going all around the house all the time). And OTOH, we have a daughter who is an emergency doctor dealing with Covid patients. Separating the two daughters gave me strange feelings. And trying to convince the kid not to go into his aunt's room was a bit hard.

All in all. It wasn't hard. I am retired and didn't have to go to work. Also, I am an introvert and LOVE staying at home. One son has just graduated and neither had to go to college nor was hired yet. Other son is engineer and his company suspended some of their projects, so he stayed with us. The married daughter was our biggest concern at the time.

Some kitchen gadgets broke down during lockdown, but we have plan B, C, and D. In our house, we have an internal kitchen which works on electric, and outside kitchen which works on propane cylinders, (and if real genuine SHTF, we have a fireplace and bags of coal in the backyard). So, it wasn't a big deal. And the minute that lockdown eased, I jumped to buy duplicate kitchen heaters, installed one and stored the other, just in case.