Originally Posted By: hikermor
Agree on his low, low cost ideas - a good treatment of layering and selection of versatile fabrics. He is absolutely right about military clothing - low cost and practical. I would change a bit and argue for at least some articles of bright clothing.

Doing SAR, I have spent days looking for folks dressed in subdued colors and they can be really hard to spot. Even a right handkerchief or bandanna can make a difference, but more is better, especially if you are immobile...

So many folks choose camo, OD green, etc for all their outdoors gear. On the one hand I get wanting to blend into nature and not stand out. That's maybe nice emotionally and fits a certain aesthetic but it backfires when you need to be found. For every instance where training in evasion is important there are probably 200 where getting found is the goal. It can be hard enough finding someone dressed in bright clothing, and much harder still finding a lost hiker hunkered down under a camo tarp!