Practicing is hard when you no longer have the right environment. This is something I discussed with my fellow classmates. Outside of classes equipped with certain facilities, there is just no way to practice stuff like hostage situations, moving human targets, or working in a team. Without partners who are into the same thing, it's just hard to practice, say, splinting someone with available material, transporting an injured person in a makeshift stretcher, or role play emergency scenarios. (The last one requires an instructor to plan and oversee the whole thing, and in my experience is really useful.) Typically these are things you can do only in a classroom setting.

Again and again I came to the conclusion that I'd have to accept a certain loss of skill even with perfect practice, because some things require certain conditions to practice. The things that are more abstract, more divorced from reality tend to be the things we can practice on our own. So a lot of that money I poured into it is just gone.

I think hikermor's suggestion is really good.