Originally Posted By: hikermor
Not sure if I am quoted correctly, but in any event, injuries at home require about the same materials and procedures as those outside the home.

The following is what you said in its entirety.

I would find space for a stethoscope and BP cuff - it is a really good idea to diagnose before treatment and a careful patient survey, right at the start, is crucial. Often an obvious traumatic injury directs attention away from a more serious, but less obvious, problem (bloody arm fracture vs. potential spinal/cervical FX).

Some sort of notebook, writing instrument to record symptoms, times, and progression. This will be much appreciated as you hand off the victim for further care. OTOH, this happens so rarely, they may not know how to deal with it.

So much is situational. you would want different meds if dealing with high altitude problems, but that is probably not an issue in Florida.

You can never have too many sterile pads or kling wrap....

I don't see anything for CPR - a face mask for that purpose is not absolutely critical, but it is quite useful.

You do the best you can with what you have when you can.

First aid is the one area where I need input from those who have the experience that far exceeds mine. I don't want to do my best with what I have. I want to do my best with everything I need. Hence why I asked questions that have gone unanswered until I went back to the thread where people helped me stuff items into my medical bag.

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (07/30/21 08:25 PM)
Edit Reason: Correct a mistake in the wording.