I've posted this before, but since we are talking about small generators and fueling... I've converted both my generators to work with bulk fuel cans, supplied by a 5/16" squeeze bulb siphon system... the older Honda does not have a fuel pump, so must be fed with a true siphon started by the squeeze bulb, with the fuel above the height of the carburetor (an advantage is if multiple families are using the generator, they can supply their own fuel) the smaller inverter has a fuel pump, so is fed with a T fitting tapped between the shut off valve and fuel pump, with the shut off closed the pump draws from the external tank after the line is primed... an external plug shuts off the line when not used with the external tank

to improve the water proofing of fuel line to the external cans, a snorkel of 1/2" pvc is used to allow the drop tube to extend to the bottom of the can, through the pour spout... the pour spout opening is 1/2" so two elbows and a short connecting section, and a tail piece... seals the top opening, and U shaped drop down so the rain will not follow the fuel line... the factory spout had an internal cast channel to allow air to flow, and was tediously removed with a narrow wood chisel... the pvc elbows were not glued to allow the fuel line to be more easily snaked through...

I don't rely on external information tags, and just put the spark plug numbers, V belt number (the old Honda is belt driven) and oil filter numbers on the outside of the case with a good permanent marker