Hmmm, a quick search confirms that the FERC oversees the California power grid. That doesn't inspire a feeling of confidence. eek

The base issue was money wasn't spent to winterize the TX power grid. Considering how for the last 20+ years we've been warned about the uncontrolled heating of the Earth, any power company executive suggesting making the grid more cold-hardy down to 0F temperatures would have been branded a science denier and driven out of the company.

The population of Texas has been growing about 1.2% per year for more than the last ten years. This is actually a huge jump in people one you add up the yearly totals. Add to that the associated businesses. This sort of population growth requires a lot of power. However, building a new power plant takes over ten years of planning, studies, and finally building it. Frankly, I want fewer people moving to Texas. Maybe this current disaster will redirect them elsewhere...but then all the hurricanes never did. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.