Just watched most of the video that goes through the contents of this pack, narrated by the firm's founder.

I was horrified by bragging about being sure that the flashlight was equipped with alkaline(Duracell)batteries. Alkaline batteries have no place in a kit of this type. Leakage and ruining of the light is all too likely to happen. There are much better options available.

I used to use glowsticks and i have had too many failures- the stick failing to glow when first taken from the wrapped and snapped- this has occurred multiple times. Not a dependable item - actually worthless., not $350

The goggles are a good addition, but as I looked -at the model they chose, I wondered if it is compatible with the eyeglasses I usually wear - just one more example of how you should select the items to suit your personal situation.

I would be much more comfortable with a really decent multitool instead of the marginal knife and off brand multitool they picked. Lots of room for discussion in this area, but I'll bet the Skeletool CX will be more effective and weight less than their choices.

Their shovel is ludicrous. They would be better served with a mason's trowel or a hori-hori (digging knife).

Still, it's better than nothing at all.

Edited by hikermor (01/11/21 05:07 PM)