When the kit was first being marketed I saw all of the videos the company filmed. My first thoughts were that they actually put some time, thought and effort into the kit and that I was not the target customer. It is clearly designed for folks that might be intimidated to build one from scratch looking for a turnkey solution. I'm a bit older and thus have a good amount of experience and a big pile of gear to assemble kits from. As hikermor says I prefer to build my own kits based on my skills, my needs and to suit my environment (SW Montana). So clearly what I need would be different than what Jeanette Isabelle needs (although there's some overlap in stuff like food, fire, etc).

That said the bag itself is pretty cool. It does appear that they designed the bag from the ground up and have it built for them unlike so many places that start with a generic $10 bag from China. I'm sure it's more expensive to design your own and have it built than to just buy a container of cheap ones.