Quote:
Chisel & Jeanette are talking about SHTF. I don't know the technical meaning of SHTF, but we should be aware that this pandemic isn't the last one in human history, and it is likely not the worst we will encounter, and it may not even be the only one of the decade.

Well, it's not TEOTWAWKI for sure, but in my view, SHTF is any event that disturbs our 'normal life' for long enough period so much that forces us to make hard changes and tests some of our limits. Let's remember that some people are elderly and with chronic illnesses, so what makes a big challenge for them maybe seen by an atheletic teen as nothing but a simple disturbance.

About a year from now, I am starting construction is another town ( plan delayed by the pandemic). Being 65 and with several health issues, and the site is 100 miles or so from home, it is something near SHTF for me. It tests my limits, even as humble limits as : how long I can keep myself before having to go to the toilet. I am diabetic. When you add hot weather, and having to drink lots of fluids having no WC nearby is , LOL, near TEOTWAWKI for me.

I also have to be extra careful and extra safe. Being diabetic, I don't want a nail going through my foot while I am busy arguing with the contractor.

Sorry for the detour.
2020 tested some of our prepping mentality. I have seen it that a prepper-minded person can be a bit calm in such circumstances compared to other people who are "always enjoying themselves", but were caught by surprise when lockdowns were announced.