Originally Posted By: hikermor
Lights come in handy in emeergeencies. You didn't mention those, although I bet you have some. Good to have at lest one reliable headlamp. basic tools - hammer, shovel, maybe an axe?

I have six MAG-LITE flashlights, a headlamp in my medical kit, and tools (Philips screwdriver, ratchet, socket, and four wrenches). We also have tools in the garage.

You are in hurricane country, although thankfully well inland. What about tarps? You are likely to get massive rainfall. Can you cope with that?

We have tarps and duct tape.

PPE items - gloves, helmet, stout boots (steel toes?), face masks (useful for much more than covid).

I have gloves and masks.

How will you cook? some sort of camp stove and fuel should be handy, along with the all essential coffee.....

Mom has a sun oven, which she uses to reduce the amount of heat generated in the kitchen during the summer months.

I like solar panels for recharging at least phones, headlamps, and other small items.

We have three solar panels.

What are your preps for diarrhea, constipation, and all those things that accompany changes in diet and daily routines?

This is why I created this thread. I knew someone would ask questions I have not thought of.

Jeanette Isabelle