All, glad to hear that the thermal process requires extreme temperature to run away. I have no idea what is in the box. Normally I would like to know more about what is in it. It is the Noco GB150 and it is "rated" (advertising is always suspect) to deliver 4000 amps for a very short time. How I started with this is a friend that buys cars and equipment has one because there is always a dead or dieing battery in something. He has carried it for years in the cab of his truck in the Florida heat. It looks terrible from years of constant use but he said that when it quits working that he would be buying another one that same day. So it came highly recommended by someone who uses tools daily. There are also quite a few reviews online. Like I said earlier, I have no affiliation just a happy customer. This thing just works, but I have only used it for jump starting and I don't make my living turning wrenches so it leads a relatively pampered life. It has been used to start anything from small 4 cylinder cars to antique diesels with dead batteries. If you are using it for auxiliary power one of the other listed products may be a better choice and some of the lead acid battery units have a user replaceable battery which may be preferable if you are using it for emergency power. None of the lithium based units that I have seen have user replaceable batteries.

Bingley, let us all know which one you decide to get and post a review after you have had a chance to use it.