I say, wear a mask when required, but just wear what you like and what is comfortable. They do precious little to protect you or anyone else. Evidence glasses wearers - you can't hardly see through the fogged up glasses. If water vapor can escape that easily, do you really think its going to stop microscopic viruses? And of course, no need to worry about those other people with their noses sticking out above their masks. Or even worse, the ones wearing the masks over their chin only.

Your best bet is to stay away from other people. In most places now, law or executive orders require you to wear a mask. Wear one. But don't put a whole lot of trust in it protecting you much. You'll do a little better if you know how to choose and use a mask, which 99.99% of the population evidently doesn't. I am talking about the general public here, not medical people who know how to fit test and appropriately use an N95. And it is the general public that you need to be more worried about interfacing with.

Personally, I use a cloth mask with adjustable paracord extenders on the ear loops I made (it was way too tight otherwise). Simply because this is my most comfortable mask, and I can adjust it the tightest so as not to have to put up with quite as much glasses fogging. However, I know it isn't worth a hill of beans in protecting me (or others around me). So I just keep my distance from others.