Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
What went wrong in florida for you? Is it just the climate?

The short answer is yes.

I spent most of my life in North Texas, where it did get hot in the summer, which was okay. We did get some humidity, but no one used their air conditioner in February. Here, it can get uncomfortably humid even in February. We do get some beautiful days, but for the most part, we don't get any seasons except for one.

Also, I'm a city gal, but we're about ten miles from the city. We currently live in a planned community, which helps in some ways, but we don't have sidewalks nor streetlights. When I lived in Texas, I never heard of a place that does not have street lights. Even the most remote locations in Texas have street lights. Here you have to be living in the right place to get a street light.

And while this part of the county is growing, the infrastructure was not designed for growth. Most of the businesses are built on one street, turning this area's main positive into a mess.

Jeanette Isabelle