Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
The Battle Mug is a gag. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised for the Recombinant DNA to get one for me for Fathers Day or a birthday, if it were 1/5th the price.

For a company to include the Battle Mug in a kit unironically is not a good sign.

Irony is a little tricky these days. Folks say all kinds of outrageous, manifestly false or ill-advised things, and, when challenged indicate that they were speaking in irony, or using a colloquial definition of the term. "Literally" no longer means literally. "Decimate" no longer means to reduce by 10 percent, it seems to mean annihilate. "Nucular" is now an acceptable pronunciation of "nuclear".
Thus my suggestion to distinguish between survival kits based upon their developers intent. The battle mug serves a commercial purpose. The distinction applies to media programming: programs are designed to attract viewers, entertain,and sell products: not designed to educated or transmit truth.