Thanks for the overview!

I went to their youtube and watched some of the explanation videos.

When they're presenting the kits, what jumps out to me are some subtle clues that while they certainly look the part of outdoor adventurists and have an air of experience, they're not as familiar with some of the nuance and caveats that go along with some of this gear, and are parroting common misconceptions.

To me, this comes across as a designer bug out bag which seems to be targeting a certain type of layperson -- not particularly interested in the outdoors and likes the idea of it more than the actual reality of it, but caught a "preparedness" bug and are just affluent enough to plop $350 down on something, stick it in their boat, airplane or trunk, and call it good.

As far as positives, I will say from a business standpoint, whatever shop they're using to put together this custom gear is pretty cool and I'd love to be able to tailor make survival equipment like that.

They've certainly got the marketing chops, securing funding through crowdsourcing and even sharktank. I probably would have been all about this when I was just starting out. As many here are already aware, it's not easy to put together a commercial survival kit and keep the price point reasonable enough to make most people happy while making yourself a profit. I did some back of the envelope calculations and it would take well over $300 to duplicate just my two PSK tins as it's evolved over the last decade... eek

Edited by Burncycle (05/26/20 04:39 AM)