I could go on and on, but let me make this short: Here is a quote:

"Don’t waste precious space on a sleeping bag; pack a Mylar thermal blanket instead.'

It is clear that they are referring to "space blankets" which do indeed have a function, but not one of insulation. Space blankets are advertised as reflecting 90% of radiated heat. This works well in the vacuum of space, I imagine, but on earth, one loses heat through convection and conduction,neither of which is impeded by a space blanket, which are useful at shielding one from wind and rain, etc.

A decent sleeping bag is an absolute core item for any outdoor activity. Think "boots, bag, and backpack" if you will be moving around outdoors and staying the night. These are the absolute core items for productive time when out and about.

They also advocate a "waterproof"tent, which is unfortunate. A waterproof barrier keeps moisture from entering the tent, but also prevents moisture from leaving the tent, which eventually results in a very damp and sloppy interior. That is why decent tents come with a waterproof fly and highly permeable sidewalls. These,properly pitched, function very well.

There is more, a lot more. Some of their advice is OK, but far too much is questionable or just down right wrong and misguided and if followed, can lead to fatal consequences.