The second part of the "buy what you eat, eat what you buy" mantra means that some of my stocks happened to be at a low ebb when the panic buying started, but realistically I don't think there's much that can be done about that. I have enough of the stuff that matters. Mostly I feel vindicated. I've been using a machine to make bread at home for decades, and flour etc is something I've always kept on hand, so that's fine. I switched to a cheap plastic hand-held bidet about six months ago, so now use very little toilet paper. I'm not expecting power cuts or similar. Here people who show symptoms are being asked to self-quarantine for 7 days, and even if that stretches into two weeks it's not very long in the scheme of things. Longer than that and I'll probably be hospitalised anyway.

I sort-of regret not keeping my push-bike in better order. It's not been ridden for 5+ years. Tyres are flat, and probably perished. Part of me thinks I ought to get new tyres. The other part says the last thing I need now is a cycling accident.