Originally Posted By: Russ
I don’t have a pressurized full body hazmat suit ... yet. wink

You don't want to be in one of those things, I can tell you. One time, luckily only in training, we were shown what it is like. You put on your normal SCBA positive pressure breathing gear. Then coworkers zip you up in this really thick full rubbery suit. You can't get out of that on your own. Especially when they go around taping up all potential access points with heavy duty tape. Then they make you walk around briskly while waiting ... waiting for you low air alarm to go off. You were intentionally put in there with an almost empty tank just so you could feel the panic when that alarm bell goes off, knowing there's nothing you can really do about it. And panic does set in, I'll readily admit to that! In normal SCBA gear, your brain always tells you that if push comes to shove, you can rip your mask off. Of course you don't ever want to do that, but your brain still holds on to the idea as its last hope, you could possibly be the one lucky sole that survives anyway, without your gear. Now you wear that SCBA gear inside a big, thick, heavy sweaty, balloon that you could not get out of. Even though your brain knows you have 5 or so minutes of air after that alarm bell starts ringing, you do start panicking. Maybe with more exposure and training you could better control that - but your first time in, wow, that's an eye opener!

I'm not talking one of those lightweight white suits, I'm talking about the totally airtight orange monster suits.

Attachments
1.png

2.png