I learned that in general for this particular drill we were okay. For us TP and paper towels were never an issue. Food was fine and we were able to restock as the stores recovered from the initial panic shopping.
We had health items like vitamins/minerals in stock. (Vit.C, D3 & zinc are apparently very beneficial)

Staying in good overall physical condition seems to have been key to this “drill”. FoxNews presentation yesterday spoke to the stats of people who died as having underlying conditions such as diabetes (and pre-diabetes) with BMI’s over 30 (ave. 33). So watch your diet and particularly processed sugars (simple carbs). All that walking in the hills around here was a good thing.

Mentally, I’m doing fine because I’m still occupied with work. That said, in case the situation deepens or is extended, I’m looking to relearn a musical instrument from my long ago past. I haven’t played in 50 years, but I can still buzz a trumpet mouthpiece so I’m going to relearn the basics and then maybe start playing some jazz. Honestly, the trumpet music for new students sucks, but there are some tunes that for me are much more interesting. This will be good for me regardless of the lockdown, but for my better half I also bought a new mute so she won’t go insane listening to me do scales.
I understand that learning a musical instrument builds new neural pathways — I wonder if that’s true of relearning...