Having retired mid-last year I've had time to indulge in new hobbies such as ham radio and it was because of many of the ideas from here and those ideas are keeping me busy. It's funny in that I sort of evolved into a "prepper" at some point. I originally found this site because I was always doing training (Criminal Justice/LEO environments) and way back in the past, a couple of decades ago I had to put together a "survival workshop". This site helps me stay current and up to date.

So back three decades ago or so, I found a Doug Ritter type consultant who helped build the course curriculum and deliver it to my audience. This was for South Dakota conditions and we were working on coping with winter and getting stranded - think Game Wardens, Troopers, Deputy Sheriffs and small town cop types and a huge number of the DOT plow operators. We spent the late summer and fall flying around the whole state doing these workshops and I learned a lot about what to do and not to do - both in life situations and in classroom presentations.

Fast foreword to today and I found this wonderful source of information, conversation and just good folks. While I don't have an Ark and will need to 'shelter' in-place for the most part - the original ideas from long ago are still being reinforced and expanded on by being a part of all this. Thanks to one and all!!

Paul -

Oh yeah - the fun/funny stuff and spirited discussions are great!