I live in a VERY snowy area in NE Wisconsin. Had the place for 10 years. Snowmobiling is HUGE here. Brings in a lot of money to the community.

The temperatures have been pretty typical. I don't sense a warming or cooling trend.

Precipitation and storms vary from year to year. It's hard for me to see a trend, if there is one. Last winter had record breaking snow depths in the second half of the winter. This year had lots of snow in the first half, starting with a big snow Thanksgiving week, but not so much in the second half.

Summers here are nice. Not too hot. Yes, winters are cold, but for me 20's and 30's are no big deal if I dress warm (hat, gloves), and we spend a fair amount of time outside with our horses. The trees help a lot. I use to live in Iowa, and the wind off the fields could sure sting.

A few months back someone on a Boundary Waters forum commented that summers were getting hotter and hotter, and mentioned global warming (TRYING TO AVOID POLITICS HERE!!!). I looked up historical highs and lows, and didn't see any obvious changes year to year other than daily variarion. But, I can't say whether or not their are statistically significant trends ... and I am actually a (now retired) statistician. I just don't have the kind of data to know.