The question of natural resources, especially food, that can be utilized in an emergency is fascinating., It is well worthwhile looking at Native Americans and their history for insights.

If I were in a survival situation anywhere, I would wish for coastal California with its abundant tide pool foods. Twice a day, the table is set, usually abundantly. One has to learn about different foods, and how to prepare them, but there is plenty of chow available. Besides sea food, there is an abundant tuber which can be eaten raw. i have tried it a few times, and it is quite delicious, raw. And then there are oaks and their acorns. Formerly oaks were a mainstay of aboriginal diets, providing enough food that agriculture never really established in California.

Similarly, in the desert Southwest, you have pinyon pine nuts, cactus fruit, and many other leafy green veggies, all certified organic, non-GMO, Fair Traded, etc.

I know less about the native food plant resources of Florida without doing some research, but I am sure there is more than turkeys and trees...

Thse foods were sufficient for a much smaller population than is now present, but most people will remain uninformed or unwilling to drastically change froma McDonald's diet. Those who can make the switch will do much better. Of course, harvesting is seasonal, so careful planning is essential. Realistically , native foods are only supplemental, but they can easily make a big difference