Not really directly Corona-related, but now that my wife and I retired to a very small rural area AND it is winter, we really don't go to stores and shops much. Mostly grocery shopping and picking up sandwiches (so much better than Subway) and pizza (awesome!) from the local Shell station.

We assumed that if we washed hands very well as soon as we got home that we could avoid colds, flu, and other nasties.

Well, no such luck. Last week my wife came down with a cold, and this week I've started having symptoms of a cold, though to a lesser extent than my wife.

I do wonder if it would have helped to routinely disinfect commonly touched items such as car door handles, steering wheels, door knobs, sink faucets, ... It seems that would be easiest done with Lysol spray and paper towels or similar wipes - if they could be purchased. That was how we disinfected the work area when I took a microbiology class. I think a bleach solution is effective, but too damaging to many surfaces. I wonder if vodka if effective as a surface sanitizer. No shortage of alcoholic beverages in Wisconsin!

Finally, I'll admit that it is really hard for me not to touch my eyes, nose, and mouth. It just is. Maybe I need counseling. Ha!